Okay, so to most of you five years isn't an incredibly long time to be married. My grandparents were married 62 years! That's a feat! I feel incredibly blessed to have been married five years. In today's society most people are divorced by this time. I can't offer much advice, but I have two tips... #1 When Brandon and I were enganged we made a vow that divorce would never be an option for us no matter how bad things might get. #2 Always keep God in your lives. Without God in your marriage, it will not grow!
I have been blessed with two gorgeous kids! Jay Owen may have surprised us a little earlier that we had originally planned, but if I've learned one thing it's that God laughs when we make plans of our own. And God figured that Jay didn't need to be by himself too long, so he sent us our precious Madeline. I thank God every day for this family and this life that he has given me.
Below are a few pictures from our wedding day. I hope you enjoy!

This is us saying our vows. Pastor Michael DeRosier conducted the service.

"You may kiss your bride."


Top L to R: Chuck Garcille, Corey Forman, Alex Smith, Ben Smith, Me, Brandon, Jeremy Shambaugh, Luis Lopez, David Soileau Bottom L to R: Adriane Kyle, Katie Ortego Beaugh, Adrienne Bourque, Rachel Darbonne Smith, Kelsey Courville, Andrew Benoit-Naquin, Sarah Soileau, Shaunda Naquin, Jennifer Zachary Guillory

Me and the best mom ever!
My dad's brother, Leve (Lee-Vee) Revere, walked me down the aisle in place of my dad. My dad went to Heaven four months before our wedding.
Brandon with his mom and dad, Larry and Danita. They are now referred to by the names Nee-Nee and Paw.
Our awesome (and delicious) wedding cake!
Our first dance. The first song we ever danced to was Amazed by Lonestar. We danced to that song exactly four years before to the date (April 16th) at our high school Prom in 2000.
My Uncle John danced with me at the reception. We replaced the father/daughter dance with the uncle/niece dance. My Uncle John was like a second dad to me when I was growing up. I love him so much and I'm so glad he was able to be there for me that night!
My mom did get to dance with her Dad at the wedding. I really love this picture because it showed a side of my PaPa that I didn't see very often. He passed away a couple of years ago, and even though he could be as hateful as they come sometimes, I still miss him! Love you PaPa!





No comments:
Post a Comment