Our first fall activity was Jay Owen's first ever field trip! We went to the pumpkin patch in Lafayette and the kids (and adults) had a great time. We got to listen to a story about a square pumpkin. I forgot the title of it, but it was really cute. We also got to dance with a wonderfully enthusiastic older lady. We also go to go on a "hay ride". Jay Owen got a little pumpkin and we got a big pumpkin to carve. He was also very thoughtful of his sister and insisted that we buy her her very own pumpkin as well so that she wouldn't feel left out! They painted their little pumpkins that night when we got home.
Me, my mom, and one of my friends also went to a place called Painting With a Twist. It was lots of fun. You go and an artist guides you step by step to paint a picture. We did pretty good for first-timers. Check out http://www.paintingwithatwist.com/!
Jay Owen also started playing flag football. His dad is his coach. Jay mostly prefers to look for airplanes and straighten out the cones. He does play on occasion, but he tires easily and needs lots of breaks (ha!). At today's game he took a "break" before the game even started. This confirms what I decided about basketball.....NO! Maybe by the spring he'll be ready for tee ball.
This week I'll have a red Power Ranger and a ladybug to take trick-or-treating! I'll post pictures after! We are looking forward to our vacation next month. We'll be heading to Tennessee and North Carolina for a week. This will be our first family vacation with just the four of us. We've gone on several vacations with other people, but we're looking forward to the family time. Then, right around the corner are the holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas are quickly approaching. Before we know it, it'll be 2010 and the Summer Countdown will begin! Isn't it amazing how quickly time goes by?! Sometimes I'm glad for that, but lots of times I wish it would just slow down a little so that I could enjoy my kids while they are babies! I'll just have to treasure each and every moment I have with them!





No comments:
Post a Comment