Today has truly been one of the toughest days of my life next to losing my Pop. Today my mom and I said goodbye to our home. Grant it, I only lived there 5 years. But in those 5 years alot of memories were made. My babies both had their first birthday parties there. Jay Owen actually had 3! My Pop put so many of his little touches all over the house and the yard, so it was difficult to say goodbye. But with the Lord on our side, we were able to pack everything up and move Mom out. With this difficult goodbye, a new beginning is starting. Instead of starting a new chapter in life, I sort of feel like we're starting a new book. This house was really the last big tangible thing we had of Pop and in selling it, we had to put it behind us. Kind of like the final stage of grieving.
Now we are starting a new book, one that was started long ago in the woods of Bayou Chicot. What fun I had there as a child, and now my children and my cousins' children will all get to play in the house and surrounding woods and acres that used to be my grandmother's. I look forward to seeing Jay and Mady visit there and experience all of the things that I was able to experience growing up. What an adventure that will be! Even though it's tough to leave behind the old house, I know that the family that will be moving in will enjoy those little touches my Pop put into the house. They will get to watch their grandchildren play from the front porch and hear the frogs croaking at night. A half-hour north, we'll be enjoying the sounds of crickets and coyotes!
Goodbyes are rarely easy. But what comes next is usually scary and exciting all rolled into one! I am thankful for the years and the memories from 2229 Perchville Road, but look forward to the years and memories of 1060 Forman Lane!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
It is good to walk into the future full of confidence in what God has planned.
That's good stuff Ashley. Thanks for sharing it.
Post a Comment