The Big Countdowns...

Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Jay!


On June 12, my little boy turned 4 years old! I can't believe how quickly these past 4 years have gone! Where is that tiny little baby with the black hair and black eyes? Now he's a big boy with black hair and black eyes who is going to start school in August!! Here is my "baby" eating his birthday cupcakes for breakfast! It's become a tradition to eat birthday cupcakes! We had his party at Mr. Gatti's which turned out great for me. Not only did I not have a huge mess to clean up at my house after, I saved a ton of money on paper goods and fun jumps!

Nana Jackie made Jay a beautiful scrapbook! Since I don't really have time to sit and do scrapbooks she has started putting them together for me and I just put in the pictures! This gift means to much to me because when Jay Owen graduates from high school (Go Bobcats!) I'll be able to look back at his pictures and work from pre-k and remember that my young man used to be a little boy.
This gift was soooooo cool! Do you remember the Lite Brites of yesterday? Big bulky things that you have to plug into a wall? And what happened to all the pegs? That's right!! Mom vacuumed them up! Well, Jay got a flat-screen Lite Brite that is battery operated. And guess what?! It has a built in compartment to hold all those little pegs! Thanks Ms. Andrea, Mr. Micah, and Briseis!

Jay got a kick out of his Cars card!


Blow out the candles! Apparantly there was some confusion as to how old he was! Well, there was a big number 4 candle on the cake which would have served as my first clue! But people said that since there was 5 candles all together on the cake that he was technically five... Nope...only 4. Sorry for the confusion!

Jay's Madagascar 2 birthday cake. We like to move it, move it!










1 comment:

Payton's mom said...

Too cute! I will have to remember that about Gattis. I am so glad our kids will grow up together.