We went on vacation to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee during Thanksgiving Week. It was absolutely perfect. The kids did well in the car except for on the way home (they both got extremely car sick for a little while). The weather was great the entire time we were there and we did alot of relaxing. We stayed in a cabin somewhere between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. I was terrified the first couple of times I drove to the cabin. It was really steep curvy roads and I was afraid my van would roll back down the mountain!
I know there are tons of shows to see in Pigeon Forge, but we skipped out on those this time around and did more sightseeing than anything. One of our favorite things was Cade's Cove. It was beautiful and there were animals all around. A deer actually jumped out and went across the road! It was so gorgeous!
We also drove to Laurel Falls. It was a tough little hike, but the trail was paved and we were able to push Mady in the stroller. It was worth the walk because the falls were amazing!
We left Pigeon Forge on Wednesday and drove into Bryson City, North Carolina where we got to ride the POLAR EXPRESS!!! Jay was awestruck by this! They served hot chocolate, the conductor came and punched our tickets, and Santa even came on the train! My kids were in Heaven!
Before the train ride we got to visit the Railway Museum. There were rooms filled with model trains. Jay Owen didn't know what do do with himself there! I think Bryson City was the highlight of the vacation for him!
MADY MOO IS TWO!
The weekend after we got back from vacation, Mady turned two! It snowed the day after her birthday this year. What a great present! These pictures do not do the snow justice because these were the next morning. There was much more snow the night before. We had so much fun! The next day we had Mady's birthday party! This was the first time ever that I've had a birthday party at my house. We always had them at my mom's house and Jay's was at Mr. Gatti's this year. I loved having everyone over and Mady loved playing with all her friends!




CHRISTMAS 2009
The weekend after we got back from vacation, Mady turned two! It snowed the day after her birthday this year. What a great present! These pictures do not do the snow justice because these were the next morning. There was much more snow the night before. We had so much fun! The next day we had Mady's birthday party! This was the first time ever that I've had a birthday party at my house. We always had them at my mom's house and Jay's was at Mr. Gatti's this year. I loved having everyone over and Mady loved playing with all her friends!
CHRISTMAS 2009
Of course, right behind Mady's birthday is Christmas. We had a very busy but fun-filled Christmas. Here are just a few photos highlighting the events!
MISSING POPPA...
Last, but DEFINATELY not least, I'd like to say how much I love my Poppa. It's been 6 years today since he left us and went to meet Jesus. And it's true when they say you never really stop grieving. I miss him just as much today as I did the the day he passed away. The sting just isn't quite as bad... Rather than getting myself all in a tizzy writing about him, I'll let you read what I wrote last year. Nothing has changed about the way I feel, so that post should suffice... Read it here.





No comments:
Post a Comment