The Big Countdowns...

Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 12, 2008

My Pop: 8/21/44 - 12/29/03

It's difficult to believe that it has been five years (on the 29th) since the last time I kissed my Poppa or gave him a hug. My arms litterally hurt sometimes because I just wish I could squeeze him one more time! But, as much as I would love to see him and talk to him just once more, I would never wish him away from the place he is now. I sometimes look at my kids and my neices and nephews that have been born since he died and think that he's missing out on them. But then I realize....we're the ones missing out. He's in Heaven right now, sitting at the feet of Jesus! What can be better than that!? I miss him every day, but I'm comforted by the fact that I'll see him again one day. For those of you who didn't know him, I'll fill you in a little. He was unlike anyone you ever met! He was one of those people that you just like. You couldn't help it! He never met a stranger. Me and mom couldn't believe that we could be so far from home and he would see someone he knew! He loved to build things and was a perfectionist at it. He spent most of his time outside in his shop working on different things for different people. He was always willing to help out and would give you the clothes off his back without hesitation. And how he loved to cook....and eat...ha! If he couldn't be outside building something, he was inside cooking something! My favorites were his chicken, sausage, and field pea jambalaya and chicken and sausage gumbo. I've learned to cook both, but not near as good as him. I always said that Poppa probably gave Jesus his first taste of cajun cooking! I want to share some of my favorite pictures of him with you. I hope you enjoy them!



This fish is hanging on the wall in his outdoor kitchen!

Me and Poppa

Me and Poppa again...

Love the Long Johns!

Poppa and my nephew, Zach.

4 comments:

Mom said...

What a great tribute to you Poppa. I can't believe it's going to be 5 years either. Where did the time go?

Payton's mom said...

I never met your Poppa, wish I had. I have heard such wonderful things about him! Great post!

Camera Clicker said...

Great post. I can see you in him in several of those pictures!

Chip said...

I miss him too Sweetheart, he was closer to me than any brother could have been. I still look up to Heaven each day & talk to him.