The Big Countdowns...

Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow Day!

I can't believe I got to stay home from work today because of SNOW!!!!! The news said there would be some sleet mixed with a few flurries, but nothing that would accumulate. Well, THEY WERE WRONG!! Yay! Brandon woke me up around 3:45 this morning when he got up for work to show me the snow falling. If you looked toward the streetlight you could see it falling. Then my mom called me around 5:15 to tell me that she saw on the news that school was closed and for me to go look outside. The ground was covered with snow! I don't think I've seen that much snow in at least 20 years! I barely remember the last time I was actually able to play in it! It's snowed a few times, but nothing you could touch... I immediately woke Jay up. He didn't want anything to do with the snow. He said it was too cold and that he wanted to go back to bed. So, I let him. When we woke up again around 7:30 he finally decided to go outside and play. He insisted upon wearing his Crocs at first. I knew it wouldn't last long so I let him. It took about 1 minute for him to come begging for socks and rubber boots! THen he went out for a good 20 or 30 minutes. His gloves got wet, so he came in after that. Mady woke up grumpy (what else is new?) so she and I just sat at the door and watched. My mom drove by and snapped a picture of us. It was so much fun! I called a friend of mine, David. He's origianlly from Alaska. He thought it was funny that the weather guys on TV were talking about "accumulation". I'm sure we have no idea what accumulation is until we've seen the accumulation in Alaska! We thank God for our 1/2 inch of snow!

No comments: