The Big Countdowns...

Lilypie Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus! (Christmas 2008)

The Bourque family had a very busy, but wonderful Christmas week! We enjoyed every minute of chaos! We did manage to take a few moments out of our busy time to remember what the day was all about. We read Luke 2 and sang Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus. All of the presents and time with family is wonderful and I will cherish every memory made. But we have to remember the most important gift of all, God's Son. Each year I buy the kids a Christmas book. Some of the books are cute and funny and some are more serious. Mady's book this year was called "God Gave Us Christmas" and it's a beautifully written story. It's about a young Polar Bear that asks her Mama who gave us Christmas. Her mama tells her that God gave us Christmas and then takes her on a journey to see the things God gave us. They see the Northern Lights and glaciers melting, but the most important thing they see is a cozy little church with people inside singing a song about Jesus' birth. She explains that when God gave us Jesus, He gave us Christmas. I hope that everyone reading this had a beautiful Christmas! Enjoy some of our pictures highlighting this wonderful day!


















1 comment:

Payton's mom said...

I love Mady's Christmas dress! Don't you just love how we were wearing shorts for Christmas, lol. I had to pull out Summer clothes for Pay!